Lansing, Michigan – Common Ground Music Festival announces Rise Against as the headliner for Wednesday, July 6th.
After 15 years, and six incendiary albums, Rise Against have become one of the most successful, challenging and revered punk rock bands on the planet. While selling four million albums globally across their last four releases – with 2011’s “Endgame” debuting at number one in Germany and Canada, and number two on the U.S. Billboard charts – they’ve also always adhered to the idea of music as a vehicle for change. In doing so, they’ve appeared alongside superstars like Adele and Sting on Amnesty International’s “Chimes Of Freedom – The Songs of Bob Dylan” compilation in 2012, toured with Rage Against the Machine’s iconic guitarist Tom Morello, campaigned against gun violence with the Demand A Plan organization and advocated Make It Stop campaign’s attempt to raise awareness of LBGT teen suicides and bullying, working closely with “It Gets Better”.
Also on the lineup for Wednesday, July 6th is American punk rock band The Bouncing Souls, Red Sun Rising, ’68, Jason Alarm, and Heartsick. Tickets for Wednesday, July 6th go on sale on Friday, May 6th at 10 AM ET.
A limited number of Festival Passes are still available. Tickets can be purchased online at www.commongroundfest.com or in-person at the festival office Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 6 PM.
- Tuesday, July 5th: AWOLNATION, Milky Chance, Death from Above 1979, Finish Ticket, Irontom, Grizfolk, Civil Twilight, Michigander, Kim Vi and the Siblings, and Ellis.
- Wednesday, July 6th: Rise Against, The Bouncing Souls, Red Sun Rising, ’68, Jason Alarm, Heartsick.
- Thursday, July 7th: Tim McGraw and more coming soon!
- Friday, July 8th: A$AP Rocky, French Montana, DJ Quik, Mick Jenkins, Black Milk, Icewear Vezzo, The SEVENth, Lady Ace Boogie and Rosco P.
- Saturday, July 9th: Dierks Bentley, Canaan Smith, Aubrie Sellers, Brent James and the Vintage Youth, Adam Sanders, Joey Hyde, Brandon Lay, Carter Winter, Aileeah Colgan, Drew Hale, Audrey Ray, and Phillip Fox Band.
- Sunday, July 10th: Jason Derulo, Daya, Jacob Whitesides, Karlos Farrar, Matt B, Kid Quill, REDD, and Taylor Taylor.