MOVEMENT DETROIT 2016 CELEBRATES 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
#MOVEMENTMARATHON ON RBMARADIO.COM
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
MAY 28 – 30
HART PLAZA, DETROIT
3-Day Weekend Passes & 3-Day VIP Weekend Passes now on sale at www.Movement.us
DETROIT — Paxahau Events is pleased to announce the 10 Year Anniversary celebration of Detroit’s iconic Movement Electronic Music Festival, taking place Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30, 2016, inside Hart Plaza.
To kick-off the celebration, the organizers have released the first official 2016 trailer, here. In collaboration with RBMA Radio, the festival will launch a special #MovementMarathon, featuring 10 hours of recorded sets from the festival and Fireside Chat sessions, starting today at 6pm EST on RBMARadio.com.
Tickets to the highly acclaimed and independently produced three-day event are now on-sale at www.movement.us
The Movement Electronic Music Festival takes place every Memorial Day weekend inside Hart Plaza – Detroit’s legendary riverfront destination. The festival features: six technologically-rich outdoor stages; more than 140 artists; a posh VIP setting located behind the main stage; dozens of official afterparties; an interactive technology center featuring the hottest gear in the industry; and several art displays to stimulate the senses. Over More than 107,000 people from around the globe attended the 2014 festival.
Awards and accolades received by the festival and producer include:
- #2 on Beatport’s “15 Incredible Techno Festivals to Hit in 2015”
- New York Times “50 Essential Summer Festivals” in 2015
- Resident Advisor’s “Festival of the Month” for May 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2007
- #2 on THUMP’s “10 North American Festivals That Won 2014”
- #5 on inthemix list of “12 Festivals You Don’t Want to Miss in 2014”
- #6 on Magnetic Mag’s list of “Most Life-changing EDM Festivals”
- #8 on Rolling Stone list of “Summer 2014’s Must-See Music Festivals”
- #14 on Pulse Radio’s “Must Do Festivals Before You Die” 2014
- “Best Festival” by Metrotimes reader’s survey in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009.
- #2 on Details “Hottest Summer Music Festivals of 2013”
- #2 on Beatport’s “20 Most Anticipated Dance Music Festivals Around the World” 2013
- #10 on Do Android’s Dance? “Best Festivals of 2013”
- #18 on inthemix list of “25 Festivals to Discover Before You Die” 2013
- “Best Niche Festival” 2011 Rolling Stone
To learn more, visit www.movement.us.
Paxahau, now in its tenth year as producer of the Movement Electronic Music Festival in Detroit, first established itself two decades ago as an online resource to promote both Detroit and electronic music. Paxahau is a name synonymous with excellence and has an industry reputation that is unparalleled. Paxahau maintains Movement’s independently owned festival status and is recognized across the world by artists and industry executives as a premier production and promotions organization rooted firmly in the birthplace of Techno.